The frameless motor KSO for Cryogenic and Vacuum Application is a high performance brushless synchronous motor excited by rare earth permanent magnets located on the rotor. This motor is delivered as frameless kit (rotor and stator sets) and was optimized for high torque density, cryogenic and high vacuum working conditions and compact design.
The stator consists of a laminated steel core in whose slots is located a three-phase star connected winding. The rotor consists of a magnetic steel ring on which there are placed high energy permanent magnets. A series of through holes have been machined into the stator and rotor core in order to provide a simple and effective method of coupling the motor with the payload.
This frameless kit motor can be use as direct drive motors providing the advantages of lower cost, increased reliability and improved performance. KSO motor for Cryogenic and Vacuum Application offers smooth performance, sinusoidal back emf with low harmonic distortion, high torque capacity and can be customized in order to be easily adapted to a wide range of requirements and applications.
- Frameless torque motors designed to be compact and cost effective
- Work under cryogenic and high vacuum conditions
- Allow direct coupling with the payload, eliminating parts of mechanical transmission
- High energy SmCo magnets
- Smooth operation and performance
- Customized construction, winding and mounting interfaces
- Hold-down & release systems
- Mechanism pointing and deployment
- Pumps and fans
- Exploration support motors (drilling, …)