Icpe’s POLICY on the use of personal data
Since May 25, 2018, important changes have been made to the legislation on personal data protection in Europe with the entry of Regulation (EU) 679/2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR.
In Romania, the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing – ANSPDCP will carry out checks and apply sanctions on behalf of the EU.
The new Regulation is not a Directive, so it applies directly to all concerned entities without the need for national legislation. It replaces Law no. 677/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the use of personal data and the free movement of such data.
GDPR requires the implementation of technical and organizational security measures through which data protection principles can be effectively implemented. It is also necessary to minimize the data used and to integrate the necessary safeguards in the processing to meet the requirements of the Regulation and to protect the rights of the data subjects.
Icpe may hold proprietary information that has been provided to us through information, bidding, contract, attending a conference or other occasion. This information may include, among other things, the name, address, e-mail, telephone numbers, information on how our services and products are used.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) may be contacted at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
How do we use your personal data?
In this information, we explain how we use and protect your personal data when, from economic or information needs, those information are in our possession.
Icpe will use your personal data in the following situations, but will be limited to:
1. Conclusion / execution or termination of a commercial act / partnership / contract with you
2. Compliance with an imperative legal requirement, eg accounting and tax requirements.
We will use your personal data when, for example:
• We interact commercially, civilly, administratively with you, or when you buy or use any of our products / services
• Contact us through various channels or ask us for information about Icpe or a Icpe product / service
• You have given permission to other companies, such as our business partners or associates, as well as third party suppliers or contractors, to exchange information with us about you
• When your personal information is public
• You are the customer of a commercial activity we are doing
What data do we collect from you?
The types of information we can have in well-founded situations are:
Name, address, personal ID, identity card, fixed and / or mobile phone number, date of birth, e-mail address, etc.
These data may come into our possession through your contact with us, such as a note / information / offer you have made to one of our contact points, an e-mail or a forwarded letter or other records of a contact with us, or from other sources, such as fraud prevention agencies, as well as other data providers.
For what purposes do we use your data?
– For selling products and providing our services
– To use the products and services you have purchased from us as well as to keep you informed of the evolution of your order or civil, commercial, or other relationships between us
– To provide you with the relevant products or services. This may include other services not included in the contract with you.
– For billing and customer relations
– To contact you if the billing information you provide us is incorrect, we are about to expire or we cannot charge you
– To keep you up-to-date with general and thematic information (eg launching new products, events, promotions, etc.). In this regard, we can send you any type of messages (e-mail, newsletter, SMS, or phone call). You may request us at any time by accessing the unsubscribe link displayed in any of the newsletters you have received from us or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to stop using your personal data.
– To answer any questions or concerns you may have about your relationship with us, our products or services.
Fraud Management and Law Enforcement
We will disclose information if this is legally warranted in order to protect us against fraud, protect our rights or property, or protect the interests of our clients. We may also need to disclose your information in order to comply with the legal obligation to respond to legal requests from the authorities. Your personal data will be communicated only when we believe in good faith that we have an obligation to do so in accordance with the law and on the basis of an assessment of all legal requirements.
The length of time that your personal data is stored
We will store your information as long as required by law.
In the case of a dispute, we will store your information during the settlement of the dispute, and as long as we have a legal obligation to keep employment contracts, statutory records and other legal documents in the accounting records and in the company’s archive.
Except as otherwise provided in the law, we will typically use your data for the duration of a contract between you and Icpe, pursuant to the provisions of Regulation (EU) 679/2016.
Safe keeping your personal data
We are constantly optimizing measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
We are not responsible for the security and content of third-party websites. Therefore, be sure to read the policy of that company on data protection and cookies before using or putting personal information on their website.
The same applies to any third-party websites or content you link to using Icpe references or our products and services.
You can choose to disclose your data in certain ways, such as social networking plug-ins (e.g., Google+, Facebook, Twitter), or using third-party services that allow you to publicly post analytics or other information, and a third-party may use that information without any responsibility for Icpe.
Rights of the data subjects
Please be advised that you have the right to request access to your personal data as well as rectification or erasure or restriction of processing under the law as well as the right to complain to the supervisor if you believe that your rights have been disregarded.
According to art. 15-21 / GDPR, regarding the communicated personal data, you are entitled to:
– Rectification of personal data
– Access to personal data
– Opposition to the use of personal data
Given the purpose of this information – a readily comprehensible summary of GDPR provisions (Regulation (EU) 679/2016, known as the General Regulation on Personal Data Protection) – any reference in this information is automatically complemented by detailed GDPR provisions.
For more information about your personal data, you can contact Icpe’s Personal Data Protection Officer (DPO), which can be contacted at the email address mentioned above.
This information on the use of personal data is regularly updated; whenever we make a change, we will display it on our website www.icpe.ro, thus being aware of any changes made, depending on the change in the applicable legal framework.
Date of last update: May 2018